We are now offering drop-in appointments across all our developments - however, should you wish to have dedicated time with our sales advisor, we encourage you to book ahead. Click here for further details.
Buying and selling made simple
A stress-free move saving you thousands of pounds
Sell your current property to us and buy one of our new homes with Ashberry Home Exchange.
- An independent valuation of your current home.
- No estate agent fees.
- No advertising fees.
- No EPC fees.
- Remaining in your property until your new home is ready to move into.
How Home Exchange works
We understand your current home is more than bricks and mortar – it’s full of hard work and memories. The time has come to move on and up, but understandably you’ll only sell your home for what it’s worth.*
With Home Exchange, we’ll arrange for 2 independent estate agents to value your home before we make you an offer, to ensure the price we offer is fair.
You can then decide on your new Ashberry home. With no risk of a subsequent price increase on your chosen plot, you’ll have added peace of mind.
Sign up to Home Exchange
Our sales advisor will talk you through the application process.
Your property valuation
Independent estate agents will value your current property, and an offer may be made to you.
Reserve your new home
Select your Ashberry home and preferred plot.
Remain in your old property until your new one is ready.
More information about Home Exchange
How do I sign up for Home Exchange
Visit, or get in touch with the sales office at your chosen development. Our sales advisor will talk you through the scheme, establish if Home Exchange is available and help you determine if it is suitable for you.
Which estate agency carries out the valuation?
This will depend on your local area. Two estate agents, sometimes three, will undertake valuations of your property.
When will the valuations be carried out?
Estate agents will visit you to carry out valuations of your current home generally within two to three days of your Home Exchange application. You must be available for this within working hours. Our Home Exchange manager will also view your property.
What will your final valuation be based on?
This will be based on the valuations of two local estate agents, the details and information they have shared with us about your home – such as photographs and room measurements – and the price of similar properties on the market, or recently sold in your local area.
Ashberry Homes will generally base our offer for your property on the average of the anticipated 4-week selling price valuations from two independently instructed local valuers, but will take into consideration any reported factors that may affect the property value. Ashberry Homes reserve the right at its absolute discretion to refuse to consider or to accept any property in Home Exchange it deems unsuitable. All fixtures and fittings are deemed to be included in any Home Exchange offer, which may be subject to further survey(s) if the property is over 10 years old.
When do I reserve my Ashberry home?
After we make you an offer on your current property, you are free to reserve your new home.
What criteria do I need to meet?
Home Exchange is only available where all of the following criteria are satisfied and is only available on selected plots and developments:
- Home Exchange is only available on properties located within the relevant Ashberry Homes divisional marketing area.
- The existing home must be owned/registered at the Land Registry in the name of the Applicants or one of the Applicants.
- The Applicant(s) must have occupied the existing home as their main residence at some point during the two year period before they complete the purchase of the new property from Ashberry Homes.
- The Applicant(s) must intend to occupy the new Ashberry Homes property as their main residence.
- Home Exchange will only be available where the existing home being traded is at least 30% less in value than the net price of the new Ashberry home being purchased.
- Vacant possession of your property is required on legal completion.
Is my current property applicable?
The property must represent a good marketable proposition; therefore, we may not consider:
- Ex-local authority apartments (leasehold).
- Properties which are predominately flat roof construction or non-standard construction.
- Properties which have been on the market for a prolonged period of time.
- Leasehold properties (apartments and houses) with less than 80 years remaining on the lease.
- Properties in a poor state of repair.
How long do I have to decide once an offer is made?
Any Home Exchange offer made will be valid for 48 hours only. After this period, the Ashberry Homes property will be placed back on the open market.
Home Exchange is only available on selected properties and is subject to eligibility criteria. Home Exchange cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Terms and conditions apply